Site Supervisor roles include Caretakers, Premises Officers, Premises Managers and Site Managers.
Site Supervisors will usually be in charge of the day to day control of the maintenance, cleanliness, heating, lighting and security of all the school buildings. Thus, ensuring a safe environment for children, staff and other users of school premises.
General Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and security of the buildings and grounds
- Undertaking any cleaning duties and managing cleaning staff
- Ensuring the inside and grounds of the school comply with the health and safety regulations
- Opening and Closing the building at the start and end of the school day
- Undertaking any DIY, maintenance and general repairs
- Working evenings to cover for Governors' meetings, PTA meetings, special events and parents' evenings
- Attending to any out of hours emergencies at the school
Desired Qualifications in one or more of the following:
- Level 2 Certificate in Property, Caretaking and Facilities Services
- Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning and Support Service Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Facilities Services
- Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Supporting Public Services
- Level 3 Certificate in Property Caretaking and Facilities Supervision
- Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Facilities Management
As a Site Supervisor you need to:
- Have a broad interest in maintenance, lighting, heating and plumbing etc.
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible and organised
- Be able to work on your own and supervise other site staff
- Have an understanding of safe working practices and health and safety legislation
Link Education Teacher, Essex