CPD and Training Courses
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is fundamental to teachers and school support staff and has a key role to play in raising the standards by improving the teaching and learning which takes place in schools.
As professionals working in education it is important to keep your skills and knowledge up to date.
Schools offer staff CPD courses but as supply staff you may not have the opportunity to attend.
Our next course will be Safeguarding Training, the details are below:
Course Date: Thursday 1st June 2017 (Half Term)
Morning session - Safeguarding Awareness 10:00 – 12:00
- Identify types of abuse and potential indicators
- Review record keeping and sharing of information and how to respond to concerns
- Describe roles and responsibilities according to key guidance and legislation
- Identify the barriers to reporting concerns
Afternoon session - Safeguarding Annual Update 12:30 – 14:30
- Update knowledge of new guidance and procedures including The Prevent Duty and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Explore scenarios to inform best practice
- Identify legislation, policies and responsibilities relating to online safety and safer use of technology
If you are interested in booking a place on this course or would like details of future courses, call us on 01689 878 565 or send and enquiry by clicking here
Places are booked on a first come basis!
Further safeguarding training dates:
Tuesday 15th August and Wednesday 25th November
If you would like to book either of these dates email email@example.com
We will be holding a Behavioural Management Course on 17th August, details to follow. To register interest in this course please do so by clicking here.
As part of CPD we advise all Staff to read through the following documents to review their practice:
Every school is required by law to have statutory policies, as outlined by the Department for Education's "Statutory Policies for Schools" last updated in September 2014.
One of these policies is a School Behaviour Policy which includes an outline of the role and responsibilities of staff.
Teachers are advised to ask each school for a copy of this policy or look on the school's website for this material prior to arriving at the school.
Assistant Headteacher, North Kent