Guide to Preparing a CV
Link Education want to help you get you your perfect teaching job
Link Education want to help you get your perfect job, therefore, you need to sell yourself and your experiences to the prospective employer. With that in mind we have created CV templates with everything you should include in your CV whether you are an experienced teacher, a newly qualified teacher or support staff.
All you have to do is download the relevant CV template and fill in your details. Once this is complete you can either save it to your desktop or print it off.
Listed below are a few tips you should keep in mind when writing your CV:
- Your impact on children's learning with specific examples
- Ensure you don't have any unexplained gaps in employment
- Highlight any skills you have obtained from volunteering, community work and other organisations.
- Know your audience - put yourself in the shoes of the employer
- Avoid using teaching quotes or clichés
- Make sure it is up to date
- Have you had any experience of dealing with Ofsted?
- Have you monitored, assessed or reported on pupil attainment?
- Make sure you spell check and grammar check your CV!