We have all heard that temperatures are rising this weekend into next week!
Temperatures are expected to reach the 20s and reporters suggest the UK could be hotter than other holiday-destination parts of Europe.
Please make sure to take care of yourself in the sun – we want to make sure all of our staff can enjoy the sunshine whilst also keeping healthy and safe when commuting and working in the hotter weather.
- Drink plenty of water! – stay hydrated
- SPF! – Protect your skin (use a high concentrate SPF 30 or 50) carry a mini bottle with you to top up throughout the day
- Dress appropriately for work and the weather – we know everyone needs to feel comfortable in the warm weather however we also want to make sure everyone is attending bookings appropriately dressed.
- Our Early Years staff members have their white polo shirts and can wear black leggings, cropped leggings or cropped black jeans.
- Remember your sunglasses – protect your vision whilst commuting and if you decide to soak up a few rays during break time.
- Remember your safeguarding – make sure the children in your care are safe and protected from the sun.
- Shade – If you’re spending prolonged time outside try to get some time in the shade to prevent over exposure headaches and dizziness.
- Pain Relief – Keep some aloe vera gel or after-sun in the fridge to soothe burns and keep some pain relief in your bag in case of any sun-induced head aches.
If you feel unwell due to over-exposure in the heat and feel as though you cannot work please remember to let us know as soon as possible.