Teaching Assistant – Bexley
£70 - £80 per day
Term time only
Education & Early Years Recruitment
Teaching Assistant – Bexley
We are currently looking to hire an experienced Teaching Assistant to join one of our Primary schools in the Bexley area.
Teaching Assistant: The Role
The teaching assistant will be working within the classroom setting, helping the class teacher to deliver lessons and support the learning of groups and individual students.
Work and tasks will vary under the requirements of your class teacher. You may be required to:
- Help prepare the classroom for lessons, organising equipment / worksheets
- ‘Floating’ during lessons to provide additional support for pupils across the classroom
- Listening to aloud reading exercises
- Keeping the classroom tidy
- Creating displays of pupils’ work
- Assisting with outdoor activities and much more!
The position will be starting off working within various schools within the Bexley, with the view to becoming a longer-term member of staff.
Teaching Assistant: The Ideal Candidate
- A genuine interest in working with children.
- Passionate about supporting a stimulating and safe learning environment for children.
- A confident understanding of safeguarding
- Qualifications in Supporting Learning are preferred however, we are also looking to work with highly experienced, unqualified teaching assistants.
- The ideal candidate will be confident in supporting the learning of individual children as well as groups .
- Some experience with SEN children would be good but not required.
Teaching Assistant: Candidate Requirements
- A good knowledge of the curriculum.
- All applicants must either have a valid Enhanced DBS check, registered with the DBS Update Service or, be willing to apply for a new one.
- Be professional, reliable and punctual when we place them in bookings.
- Proof of any qualifications / copies of certificates
- This role requires classroom experience in the UK and a confident understanding of safeguarding and the importance of safe practice in an environment with children.
Our Service to you:
At Link Education, we have a dedicated team of consultants who pride themselves on their relationships with both our clients and members of staff. We work hard to find you reliable and regular work local to you, whilst working around your availability. We care about the support we provide for our staff members and always aim to be available to answer any queries or just to hear about your day!
The Hiring Process:
- You apply for a role and give us a call or send us your CV. Alternatively we might contact you first if we come across your CV and like the look of your experience and skills.
- Is your CV up-to-date? – If not this is the perfect time to update it. Remember, it’s not just about your professional history, but also any new hobbies, personal interests or achievements that help potential employers gain an idea of who you are as an individual.
- Pre-Registration: We will have a short conversation with you over the phone to get an idea of your experience and the kind of role you are looking for.
- If we think you could be a suitable candidate we will then invite you for a Zoom interview and ask you to complete and return our application form.
- If during your interview you are successful we will then follow up with how to complete your registration. We will ask for some documentation and referee contact details in order to create your employee profile.
- Once your profile is complete we will start offering you work! You are never obligated to accept a booking and we provide shifts based on your availability.
- Every 2 weeks = Payday!
We are proud to work with such a rich diversity of staff members. Our staff members work across the Education and Early Years sectors covering Southeast London & Kent.
Link Education continue to hire:
- Nursery Assistants
- Qualified Nursery Nurses
- Teaching Assistants
- SEN Support Staff
- Cover Teaching Staff
- Primary & Secondary Qualified Teachers
We also offer a generous ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme for anyone who introduces a new staff member to Link Education…
Link Education are dedicated to supporting proper safeguarding practice when placing staff members into working environments with children. We take very seriously, our responsibility to thoroughly screen all of our candidates and follow proper vetting protocols, before approving anyone for work.
For more information about this role or any other positions please call us on 01689 878 565.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.